Monday, July 18, 2016

Week of 7/11 - 7/15

On Monday, I made a few finishing touches for the conference poster. I also worked with Neto on the presentation that we gave at the conference. On Tuesday, I attended the conference and gave my presentation with Neto. I worked solely on the fabrication of the bogie for the remanding of the week. I was able to find some scrapped 1" by 1" tubes of steel that we needed, but they were welded onto other pieces of steel. So, I used a grinder to grind off the welds, and then used a butcher saw to cut the remanding welds that I couldn't get to with the grinder. I then filed down any sharp points on the metal tub and any metal that was hanging off. Neto and I began drilling holes into the tubes, but to get more precise holes we decided to plan on doing the drilling at the lab on campus,

No comments:

Post a Comment